Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dwight Howard is becoming a Free-agent

Posted by arme_bryant at 3:34 AM ,
Scott Howard Cooper from NBA.Com reported that Dwight Howard has said he will definitely become a free agent rather than sign an extension.

Howard was asked what he has spoke to upper management about:

“I just told them, ‘We’ve got to have guys who are going to play hard 48 minutes and who are going to battle the other team, who are going to fight night in and night out for a championship,’ ” he said.

So what will happen if the Magic don’t win the championship in 2012, and the roster stays the same?

“At the end of the day, as far as what I want to accomplish as a basketball player, to be one of the greats, you have to win championships,” he said. “That’s how I see it. I want to do that in Orlando, and hopefully we can get it done…. Everybody’s asking me from the beginning of the season until today where am I playing in a year? Am I getting traded? I have no clue. As of right now, I want to be in Orlando.” Howard said.

Regardless if Howard wants to stay in Orlando it will ultimately be up to management.

If the Magic’s front office cannot improve the roster to Howard’s liking, they may look to trade the All-Star center before they possibly see him leave in the Summer of 2012 for nothing.

Back Top

0 comments:

Post a Comment